Who are we?

We are a class of 29 Year 6/7 students in the beautiful Adelaide Hills, South Australia. Our school is an International Baccalaureate school and we are part of the Middle Years Program. The 3 Year 6/7 classes have IB rotations where the students work with all 3 teachers in mixed groups.

We are enthusiastic about our learning and are looking forward to learning about new ways to share our work. We hope that this blog will help us to share our learning journey and make connections around the globe.

Our teacher, Pam Thompson, is also the Learning Technologies Coordinator. On Thursdays when Pam is doing Coordinator work Lana Elliott teaches us.

7 thoughts on “Who are we?

1. Nice wed site made you guys should check out owers at mr.Astiuns 5th grade class in fraser MI

• Hello 6/7
      Your class sounds wonderful.
      Your blog is amazing.
      I am definantly coming back!
      I look forward to seeing more blog posts im australian and australia is a amazing bueatiful place. I am glad I found your blog as it is wonderful i cannot wait to see more work

From Jordyn

2. Hi Pam,

I just want to introduce you to Gnowledge (www.gnowledge.com), the online test publishing platform, to solicit your thoughts and opinions on it and to aid you in your classes.

Gnowledge is free for everyone to use. Tests and exercises can be created by anyone and are categorized by title, subject, grade, school and/or country. Once published, these tests are available for everyone to use and share. Students preparing for exams or who wish improve their knowledge and accelerate their academic progress can search Gnowledge for their desired subject. All test results, scores and answers to every question administered is stored on Gnowledge. Registered users can view their own individual test results any time and the test results of everyone who has taken the tests they’ve created, and these tests and/or results can be shared with others if they choose to do so.

The best example of how Gnowledge is being used and how it transcends language and cultural barriers and education syllabuses is by a French language teacher in Mexico (a Spanish-speaking country). She uses Gnowledge (an English-language website) to produce simple tests and exercises for her students. In two months she has published 50 tests and these tests have been administered to her (and other) students 1,272 times. Scale of this magnitude does not happen in conventional classrooms or schools. Her stats can be independently verified at: http://www.gnowledge.com/saveurfle.

I invite you to check out Gnowledge. If you have any comments, queries or criticisms for Gnowledge, please let me know, your feedback would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
    Aiman Azri